Monday, August 4, 2014

Preserving Vacation Memories


Creative Ways to Preserve Your Summer Vacation Memories:
Pictures and keepsakes from vacations are always fun for reminiscing.    If you are like me, you always have the best intention to organize, create and save those treasured memories.  Scrap books and photo albums are always a great way to keep memories alive, but I thought:  there has to be something I can create that could also act as an accent to my home or as artwork.   So, I perused a few websites and found some ideas I would like to share.  These are simple but creative and make a great conversation piece too!  

Shadow Boxes
Step1
Create your background using the 
Alphabet Frames templates. These are so perfect for shadow box displays since they allow you to use several photos while maintaining a simple and clean looking display. I also recommend thinking outside the box on the words you use.
Step2
Remove the label inside the shadow box and attach your 12×12 print using the double sided tape.
Step 3:
Begin creating simple displays for some of your items. I wanted to include airline ticket stubs from each of the members of my family. I used a small clothespin to hold them and hot glued that clothespin directly to my 12×12 print. We had just a bit of sand from two of our favorite beaches to include as well. I used old lab beakers (turned upside down) to hold my sand. I also included little flag labels made from paper and toothpicks to designate the origin of the sand. If you can’t find old beakers you could use spice containers for a similar look.
Step 4:
Tilt the shadowbox and begin placing your keepsakes inside. After putting in my sand beakers, I added shells and rocks. Once all your items are inside you can close the shadow box.
 Letter Templates for Photographers
Display Multiple Photos in an Empty Frame:
Choose an empty frame, gather photos, and display using wire and baby clothespins!   The clothespins allow you to change the photos. 


No comments:

Post a Comment