Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Triumphant Return

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry that I have not posted in so very long. We have had a lot going on at McKee and I will do my best to fill you in on everything from babies and puppies to new model homes and new developments. But, for now, I would like to share with you some inspiration to get you through this terrible weather.

Think about doing some restyling now while you are stuck inside and could use a fresh perspective anyway (plus, wouldn't it be better for us to have something to do other than complain about the weather?).

I have this strange urge to paint everything in my house white. All of the furniture that is. I am so tired of things being brown and black (like my mood lately) and I think that it would both open the space up but also create some cohesion. I can still use fabrics and wall color and accessories for color but I am feeling the need for a clean slate.

I have seen some really great tips online for furniture makeovers. This is where I go for inspiration.

Better After -  Lindsay posts submissions of makeovers of furniture, rooms, whole houses, etc. They range from simple easy projects to renovation. Here is a great example (notice the theme here):




Apartment Therapy - This is a huge website with everything from design trends to personal submissions to product reviews. But, my favorite section is the Before and After section. Here is a sampling:


Or, if the snow means that you cannot stand the though of painting something white - try your favorite color (mine is turquoise). From Coco and Kelley:


I paint enough things in my house that I make sure to have 1 can of premium white glossy paint and 2 or 3 cans of metallic (lately it has been gold) spray paint on hand at all times.

When we moved four years ago I was surprised by how much the look of our furniture and accessories changed from our old condo just by putting it in a new setting. Painting, switching fabrics or pillows, and adding new hardware changed things up just a bit to make me love my old furniture in our new house.

Thanks for waiting! - Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment